To feel what’s happening below the surface is a breathtaking sensation. T&T’s new Contact series nymph rods transfer every vibration from fly to fingertips. Contact rods utilize T&T’s proprietary StratoTherm resin, resulting in extremely light-weight and responsive rods that maintain superb durability and strength.
Flexible but quick-dampening rod tips nearly eliminate shock waves in the leader after each cast, allowing flies to track smoothly into the water, improving strike detection on immediate reaction bites. All Contact rods feature a strategic taper that generates positive hook-setting tension with minimal rod sweep, permitting anglers to effectively fish an increased range of rod positions and angles and cover more water with less wading.
- Four piece multi-modulus graphite blank incorporating Thomas & Thomas’ latest proprietary composites and curing process, with stealth natural graphite finish.
- Titanium-frame ceramic stripping guide and single foot RECoil guides with subtle olive wraps.
- Small fighting butt and western grip of select Flor-grade cork
- Up-locking, black anodized aluminum reel seat and burled black ash spacer, with down-locking available by request.
- 1086-4 Model features wells grips with larger hardware and fighting butt.
- Includes aluminum rod tube with machined bar-stock aluminum collar and cap. Blue powder-coat with pewter Thomas & Thomas logo.